Don’t let roadworks in the city cost you dear!
Allow more time than usual from now until the summer if driving, taxi or bus, or you may miss your appointment, lose your money or worse case scenario, have to find another salon. God forbid, we do not wish anyone to have to find a new place for a Hollywood or Brazilian? so please do not be late because of this situation.
The roadworks are to last until the summer of 2024 and this can mean a delay of 10 mins or more. Please do not miss your appointment because you got stuck – here is a heads-up on how to avoid missing your slot!
From 5th Feb 2024, a one-way system until the summer
- The bottom of London Road junction will become “right turn” only, we are all used to left turn only
- In March, the junction with Palmerston Road will also be shut
- Some bus services may be diverted onto alternative routes
- Coming from the train Station into the City Centre, vehicles will not be able to turn left at the top of the hill at the Civic Centre.
- At Devonshire Road, the traffic lights will be removed and the road will be closed at the Cumberland Place junction. This is by the “White Building” where the Polygon hotel once was, those old enough to remember that!
- Football days! I do not have to write about this you will get the picture I am sure
Please be aware many have said about using the back roads as a rat run but so will everyone else and you could get stuck there too, so please give yourself more time now and check your journey time.
If you are too late we will not be able to sugar you! Many of you will be used to driving up towards Bedford Place from the bottom of town up towards the Premier Inn or nipping up the back along Devonshire Road (the old poygon hotel area) but you will no longer be able to do this, much of it is one way or blocked off.
An anti-clockwise system will be in place on Cumberland Place and Havelock Road as work begins on the northern inner ring road. More info here https://transport.southampton.gov.uk/ringroad
Please check your journey time with Waze or AA maps before you come to us, if you are more than 10 minutes late I will not be able to see you.